Thursday, May 28, 2009

Steven and Ondrea Levine



In nine minutes, you'll learn a lot about life and love from these two. I have never met either of them, but the Levines have taught me so much about meditation, awareness, and relationships. I am very grateful to them both. Neither of them is in very good health right now. Ondrea has cancer again, and Steven has some kind of neurological disorder which, as he mentions in the video, has already nearly stripped him of the ability to walk. And yet, even in the pain of their current states, they both still exude wisdom, genuine love, and compassion.

Please check out this video if you have a few minutes.

And please check out this blog letter for more information about the Levine's current state.

http://stephenandondrealevine.blogspot.com/2007/12/open-letter-from-jack-kornifield-ram.html

1 comment:

celedra said...

During my almost 15 years of hospice work, it was always Stephen and Ondrea Levine that provided meaning to a sometimes overwhelming sense of loss and suffering. His books, A Gradual Awakening and Who Dies, became like my bible, a constant well of words that filled my soul and helped me be present and accepting of whatever arose.

Their workshops broke our hearts open with compassion and filled us with infinite light and love. In closing, we would do a Sufi dance, moving from person to person, looking deeply into their eyes, sending and receiving love into our hearts. The dance was a tribute to one of my favorite phrases of his "The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it." Bless them both for their unique and devoted contribution.

A Year to Live, Stephen's most recent book, has been sitting on my bookshelf for a few years just patiently waiting. Now I am ready. A group will be forming. Even as I wait, not quite ready to start, I find myself increasingly more conscious of choices I make. Now when I awaken in the morning, there is a poignant awareness of this day - this one precious day, which becomes this one precious moment throughout this one day. Thank you Stephen.
www.celedra.com/blog