Thursday, October 28, 2010

Valley Girl Dharma



Inspired by Daniel's comment about Valley Girls and Buddhist blogs, I decided to write a short, three act play. In case some of you think I'm always a thought, but serious guy, this piece of writing should blow a few holes in that theory. And because I'm not only a blogger, but also a long time reader and writer of various forms of creative writing, I decided to start another blog. I don't know how often I'll update it, but I plan on linking to it from Dangerous Harvests whenever I have new material. It's all set up for you to become a follower as well, so feel free to join thew revolution, lol!

Anyway, here's the play for your viewing pleasure. Like, oh my God! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Daniel @ Campinas said...

See this is a very good example of interconnectedness.
I doubt anyone who reads your blog will ever meet me, but one day I made a small comment that inspired you to go ahead and right a short piece which not only managed to use a line like "I was so totally doing zazen until you two messed it up. " but managed to work in Genpo Roshi and Big Mind

As long as we are taking this trip down memory lane, here is the Zen of Jeff Spicoli:

Mr. Hand: Am I hallucinating here? Just what in the hell do you think you're doing?
Jeff Spicoli: Learning about Cuba, and having some food.

In the moment if the ever was one!

Daniel @ Campinas said...

I can't believe I wrote RIGHT instead of WRITE. See, not in the moment.

Let me take advantage and bring up another moment of Spicoli Wisdom. Remember when Jefferson's car is totaled and they are debating if Jefferson will either A) shit or B) kill them. Spicoli very calmly reminds Jefferson's brother that his (Spicoli) dad is a TV repairman and he has a totally ultimate set of tools at home. Jeff saw the problem and rather than freak out he calmly found a solution.

Nathan said...

That was like so yesterday!

Seriously, though, a classic film.